Schools & Groups
We provide an Outreach service which presently covers all science subjects, maths and IT. Coming soon will be engineering based Roadshows. The Interactive STEM centre will be welcoming school visits. We prefer these school visits to the centre are Monday – Wednesday although other days are possible with discussions. The days are open to schools who have booked ahead in advance and have specified a subject they wish to cover by the visit or whether they wish to just access the museum/centre . This an area that allows for coach or mini bus drop off and there is safe access to the centre.
Groups are welcome to book an Outreach event or visit the centre in a daytime or book an evening event. We have entertained Brownies, Guides, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Youth clubs who are doing badges around the topics of science and Astronomy.
Outreach for schools
We will bring to you an amazing Roadshow which can be
- A live science performance in the form of a show
- Workshops with the children completing an activity
- A combination of workshops on a topic following a Show
- Outreach can be for any of the following:
- Table-Top Exhibits and free standing exhibits of interactive science including Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Solar System, Health, Maths and Problem Solving.
- Pop-up Planetarium showing one of eleven different shows including the Solar System, the life of the International Space Station, telescopes and star constellations.
- Interactive Dome/Marquee Tropical Rainforest or a Multi- Sensory Tent
- Interactive Dome/Marquee incorporating The Great Barrier Reef
- Mini Experiments Roadshow and Workshops ondifferent topics.
- Mini Beast Roadshow – We bring along some creepy crawlies.
- Forensic Science, which includes Solving the Crime and DNA.
- Digital Forensic Science and IT Security including E-Safety.
- Kitchen Chemistry including “Why do cakes rise?”
- Maths Experience – Problem Solving and testing weights, length and optical illusions.
- Team Building and Problem Solving, including quizzes, Treasure Hunts and interactive games.
Most of our roadshows are aimed at Key Stage 1, Stage 2 and 3, however nearly everything we do can be adapted to be suitable for Key Stage 4.
The Outreach offered could be to cover a specific curriculum topic and an Outreach visit could be for as little as two hours or could be for an entire day or days. If for a full day a maximum of four activities and topics can be chosen, eg. Forensics and mini experiments can be covered with four sessions.
Prices vary depending on the topics to be covered, the length of our visit and whether the participants are all one age and how many there will be attending. A tailor made package for every outreach can be for as little £4 per head, or could range for a full day to be £7 per head.
Your Outreach event can include Resources, Worksheets, Teacher’s Notes, suggested further lessons and Risk Assessments. A formal booking will be needed to secure a date and time and payment is to be made on the day.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A PRICE!
School and Group visits to the Centre
You will be able to bring a school group/party or Group (Brownies, Cubs, Scouts, Youth Clubs, Home Educated Groups etc.) to the interactive STEM Centre for which you need to book. We can accommodate groups of up to 130 children and more children if the bookings are staggered to include a morning or afternoon. Visiting the centre is aimed to be an educational experience which is inspiring and great fun, however we have bookings for Activity Weeks from schools as well as Reward trips. Visits last from 2 hours to look around the exhibits, and all day if workshops are included in your visit. Lunch facilities allow for a packed lunch eating area or the children can eat an area of our café and meals can be provided.
ALL BOOKINGS FOR THE AUTUMN TERM 2017 – INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL – VISIT WITH A 20% DISCOUNT VOUCHER!
- 2,000 sqft of hands-on interactive science exhibits including Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Solar System, Health, Computing/IT, Maths and Problem Solving.
- Planetarium showing one of six different shows including star constellations, planets and geology.
- Mini Experiments Roadshow and Workshops on different topics, Forums and Quizzes.
- Forensic Science, Digital Forensic Science and IT Security and Solving the Crime – topics, tasks and interactive games.
- Pop-up mini Sensory Area with the chance to test hearing, smell, sight and touch.
- Maths Experience – Problem Solving and testing weights, length and optical illusions
- Mainly aimed at Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2, and Key Stage 3 and some road shows and experiments available for Key Stage 4.
- Coming soon – Interactive Carpet and Digital Wall where science and design collide through a carpet and touch screen wall. Ask for more details.
Prices vary depending on the topics to be covered, the length of the visit and whether the children will be staying for lunch. A Package for every visiting school can be tailor made and they range from £4 per head for a two hour visit, or £5 per head for an evening, to £7 per head for a full day experience, with workshops and teacher resources.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A PRICE!
A visit could be to cover a specific topic eg. “Air” (SEE BOXES ON SUBJECTS COVERED BY KINETIC) or can be for fun and will have an educational background. Visits are recommended to be a minimum of two hours, and a whole day or an evening can also be accommodated. There are a great number of road shows and workshops to compliment the activities which can form part of an individual package. Events can be arranged for a specific reason for example a Annual Event, Treat or Christmas Party.
School and Group Residential Trips
We have access to a venue that we use for our School and Group residential Trips and this means you can stay over!! We provide a space to learn from a choice of one of two subjects and the per head cost includes a three day stay with two nights away. The time includes all arriving at lunchtime on day one and an evening meal. Portable beds inside the venue or camping equipment in the extensive grounds. Breakfast, lunch and tea on Day two and then Breakfast on day three returning to your school or headquarters mid morning. The subjects covered are fun and very innovating and will involve cross-curriculum subjects and although studying science on the trip, it will involve English, Maths, and History as a minimum.
“Solve the Crime” Residential Trip
Book a group or school in for a three day/two night event where they can learn to be detectives for the entire trip. This is suitable for ages 8 – 14 and can be adapted for all Key Stages to meet curriculum requirements.
The event will include: The History of Medicine and Forensics, The Science behind Forensics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics and English Language and English Literature. This event ticks so many Curriculum topics and gives the children an insight into the world of criminals, scientists and the police.
The subjects to be covered will include: Hair Samples, Dusting for Fingerprints, Fingerprinting, Foot prints, Blood Splatter, Urine Samples, Handwriting analysis, Chromatography, Magnification, Chemical reactions, E-Fits and Human Biology.
The time away will include: An afternoon of events, an evening of detective story writing, a full day of crime solving, a summary of what has been discovered and finishing with science games and experiments on the third day. The price includes, packed lunches, evening meals, breakfast, portable beds and snacks and drinks.
“Stars and Astronomy” Residential Trip
Book a group or school in for a three day/two night event where they can learn to be detectives for the entire trip. This is suitable for ages 6 – 13 and can be adapted for all Key Stages to meet curriculum requirements.
The event will include: The History of Universe, The Truth behind the Big Bang, Star Constellations, Telescopes and how they work, A visit to our Planetarium, night time Star gazing, Astro Physics, The Tim Peake experience and life on the International Space Station, “Can I be an Astronaut”, Mathematics, Biology, Geography, English Language and English Literature. This event ticks so many Curriculum topics and gives the children an insight into the Universe and how we exist on Planet Earth. The price includes, packed lunches, evening meals, breakfast, portable beds and snacks and drinks.
Prices vary to whether you are visiting for two days/one night or you are visiting for three days/two nights. As a guide, we can accommodate 60 at any one time so probably 2 classes. The cost for a three day event start at £80 per child aged 10 years old for example, which includes all meals, beds and educational workshops.
Maths & problem solving